Flossing is one of the most important things you can do for your oral health, yet very few people actually floss on a regular basis. One of the reasons people don’t floss is that they don’t truly understand the importance of flossing and how it relates to great oral health.

So let’s take a few minutes and see why Dr. [doctor_name] encourages you to get into a regular flossing habit.

Cleans where your brush can’t

The most important thing to remember about floss is that it cleans the areas of your teeth that a toothbrush just can’t reach. Brushing only cleans about 65% of your tooth’s surface – floss reaches the other 35%.

Removes plaque

One of the leading causes of oral health problems is when people allow plaque to build up around their gum line. This causes gingivitis, which is a mild form of gum disease. Suffering from gum disease isn’t ever a pleasant experience, and flossing eliminates the possibility that you’ll have to deal with it.

Prevents cavities

In addition to getting rid of plaque, flossing also helps clean out the cracks between your teeth where food and other debris can accumulate. Removing all of that stuff from between your teeth prevents cavities and helps eliminate bad breath as well.

If you need more information about floss, or need to schedule an appointment, call us today at [phone].